Many people don’t know how to clean carpet on stairs, and it can be a hassle. If you want a vacuum cleaner for this purpose, there are many options available. However, if you prefer going the more traditional route with your scrub brush hand, here are some tips for tackling this chore.
10 Tips For Cleaning Carpet On Stairs
- Before wetting the carpet with soap and water, use an upholstery cleaning spray to help loosen dirt and grime so that it’s easier to remove when you’re done scrubbing.
- Use a sponge mop or a microfiber cloth to apply warm water mixed with mild soap, or use a professional grade cleanser, such as Scotchgard. Work the soap deep into the fibers using circular motions, and rinse as you scrub. Work from top to bottom as you clean.
- If excess dirt and grime remain after rinsing with clean water, repeat Steps 2 and 3 until no more dirt is removed by working in circles and rinsing with clear water.
- Use a stiff-bristled brush to scrub the carpet vigorously. Work from top to bottom as you clean, and don’t skip any steps. Work from left to right as you go, and don’t skip any steps. Repeat these steps until no more dirt is removed by vigorous scrubbing
- Spray a cleaning solution on the carpet in a pattern of your choosing. This step is optional but works from top to bottom as you spray in a sweeping motion over the carpet if you choose to do it. Work from left to right as you spray, and don’t skip any steps. Repeat these steps until no more dirt is removed by spraying with a sweeping motion.
- Let the carpet air dry completely before walking on it, and make sure to let it dry for at least 24 hours before vacuuming.
- Replace your vacuum’s filter every three months if you regularly use the vacuum on the carpet, but only replace it if it has been recently damaged or torn by debris that you can’t remove from the filter in any other way.
- Open your windows and use a fan to assist the drying process after cleaning the carpet.
- Clean your vacuum’s filter before and after you clean the carpet and clean out the other parts of your vacuum as it is needed to prevent odor, mold or mildew growth and to keep it working as best as possible.
- Only vacuum the carpet once every two weeks, if you can.
How Often Should You Clean The Carpet On Your Stairs?
It is recommended that you clean the carpet on your stairs as often as possible, as long as you’re careful. If you have a lot of traffic going up and down the stairs, they will require more frequent cleaning – at least once a month – to ensure comfort and safety for everyone. It’s a good idea to change out your vacuum’s filter every three months or sooner if it starts to become noticeably damaged or torn by debris that couldn’t remove from the filter in any other way.
Can You Walk On The Stairs After Cleaning Them?
Yes, it is safe to walk on a carpet that has been cleaned with soap and water. You should wait at least 24 hours before vacuuming the carpet to give any remaining dirt time to dry before walking on it.
Are There Any Risks To Walking On Cleaned Carpet?
There are minimal risks to walking on a carpet that has been cleaned with soap and water. However, there are some precautions you can take to help reduce your risk of injury by ensuring that you have enough space for your body when walking on the carpet. It’s also a good idea to vacuum your carpet at least once every two weeks, if not sooner if it looks particularly dirty or dusty.
|Top||BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Flex Handheld Vacuum with Pet Hair Brush, Cordless, Grey (BDH2020FL)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Shark NV360 Navigator Lift-Away Deluxe Upright Vacuum, Blue||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Shark WV201 WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum, Lightweight at 1.4 Pounds with Powerful Suction, Charging Dock, Single Touch Empty and Detachable Dust Cup||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Dirt Devil Plus 16V Quick Flip Pro Cordless 16 Volt Lithium Ion Bagless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, Red BD30025B||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||ROOMIE TEC Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 2 in 1 Handheld Vacuum, High-Power 2200mAh Li-ion Rechargeable Battery, with Corner Lighting and Upright Charging Base||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||BISSELL Pet Hair Eraser Lithium Ion Cordless Hand Vacuum, Purple||Prime||Buy Now|
What types of vacuum cleaners should you consider for your stairs?
Please do not use a vacuum cleaner with a long hose, as the longer the hose, the more debris from furniture will accumulate on it.
Dyson DC25 is a good choice for stairs due to its size and weight. If you want a lightweight machine that can get close to wall-to-wall carpets without getting stuck in corners, this vacuum is it!
Panasonic MC-UL1205 Corded Stick Vacuum is another excellent choice for stairs and is an excellent value for its price tag.
Carpet cleaning on stairs can be dangerous. However, plenty of vacuum cleaner options are available to help you reach the top of your staircase safely and efficiently. You must try very hard not to let the weight of the vacuum cleaner get to you, and make sure that you use it in a way that allows it to reach all parts of your carpet by using a long hose instead of short ones to reach off-limits areas.